Friday, November 20, 2015

International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability in Portland

I'm excited to be presenting at the On Sustainability Knowledge Network's 12th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability, this January at Portland State University. The theme is "Urban Sustainability: Inspiration and Solution," and my presentation is titled "A Scholar’s Garden: Inquiry into the Landscape of Food Justice Scholarship and Implications for Sustainability Education." This will be my second time presenting to an international audience following the IAU International Conference in Iquitos, Peru in 2014. I am thrilled to be visiting Portland again, and the Graduate Scholar Award supporting my attendance is an honor. Now, to figure out how to take all those food carts home!